- Filled cupcakes, frosted with chocolate buttercream
- Light orange, dark orange, white, and bittersweet modeling chocolate or fondant
- rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- googly chocolate eyeballs
- Pointed sculpting implement
- Vanilla buttercream
- Orange food coloring
- Parchment paper cone
- #3 (Ateco) small round piping tip
Google Chocolate Eyeballs Instructions
1. Roll out the orange and light orange modeling chocolate to 1/16” (1.6 mm) thickness.
2. Cut the heads and necks of giraffes out of the orange tones.
3. Combine different proportions of the white and bittersweet modeling chocolate to create light, medium, and dark brown modeling chocolate tones.
4. Roll out the brown tones to 1/16” (1.6 mm) thickness.
5. Cut the browns into small bits then arrange them like mosaic over the necks and snouts.
6. Out of dark orange buttercream, cut three ovals per head; one for a snout and two for ears.
7. Using a pointed implement, press lightly into each snout twice to form the impression of nostrils.
8. Assemble the heads and place them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
9. Pinch each ear on one end and nestle it under the side of the head near eye level.
I used this recipe for
Smooth Buttercream Cake Frosting
10. With orange buttercream and a #3 round tip, pipe mini antennae out of the top of each head.
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*
Zoo Animal Tutorial Index
You might also enjoy
Leopard Print Modeling Chocolate
3D Koi Fish Cake Tutorial
Modeling Chocolate Figurines How To
Modeling Chocolate Tutorials
Cake Decorating with Modeling Chocolate
Great tutorial! I think even beginners when it comes to fondant can master this cute giraffe with your step-by-step directions. Can’t wait to look around and see what other tutorials you’ve shared!