I like to make filled cupcakes. With an apple corer, I bore a hole halfway down into the center of the cupcake and remove the excess cake. Then I fill the hole with cream cheese frosting and/or fruit.
Googly Chocolate Eyeballs
- White modeling chocolate
- Plastic rolling pin
- ¾ cm round cutter
- Double-ended ball tool from this great kit
- Parchment paper cone
- 1 TBS melted dark chocolate for piping
1. With a plastic rolling pin on top of parchment paper, roll out white modeling chocolate to ½ cm thickness.
I follow these recipes and instructions
Cake Decorating with Modeling Chocolate
2. Using a tiny 3/4 cm round cutter (alternatively, use a round piping tip), cut eyes from the sheet. Remove any stuck pieces from the cutter with the nudge of a ball tool.
3. Press the tops of each eye with the ball tool to leave a convex impression in the exact center.
4. Pipe melted dark chocolate evenly into the impressions. Pipe just until the chocolate arcs concavely over the brim to create a curved eyeball effect.
Click on a design below to view its tutorial
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*
You can find my icing recipes here
Smooth Buttercream Cake Frosting