These cupcakes were made along with some other zoo animal designs for the birthday of an adorable one-year-old boy.
- Filled cupcakes, frosted with vanilla buttercream
- Light blue modeling chocolate or fondant
- Round cutter, 1” (25 mm) diameter
- Rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- Googly chocolate eyeballs
- More vanilla buttercream for piping
- Blue food coloring
- Piping bag, disposable
- #3 and #12 round piping tips
1. Form the elephant ears by cutting circles out of light blue modeling chocolate with a 1” (25 mm) round cutter. Bunch them together at one end. Trim the excess.
4. Using a #3 tip, pipe two circular rotations at the end of each snout to create hollow trunk openings.
I used these recipes
Smooth Buttercream Cake Frosting
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*
Zoo Animal Tutorial Index
VIDEO: Modeling Chocolate Figurines Tutorial