Step by Step Instructions
The Wilton doll pick makes a great torso for a doll cake. Kids love getting it as a toy and it makes the doll cake so easy. This doll pick is wrapped in modeling chocolate then piped with melted chocolate around the seams and around the neck as jewelry.
- Doll pick
- White modeling chocolate
- Rolled modeling chocolate equipment
- Parchment paper piping cone
- Melted white chocolate
2. Wrap it around the doll pick starting just above the chest so that it extends out below the base of the torso. The tips of the half moon should overlap loosely on the doll’s back.
5. Anchor the pick into a Styrofoam brick (if you don’t have Styrofoam, a shoebox will also work).
7. Pipe a necklace around the neck as well.
Note: I made one mistake while wrapping the above doll pick, which was to leave an air bubble between the two boobs. Since it was a hot day when the cake was served, the air bubble expanded, making it look like there was a third boob. Below is another option for wrapping the doll pick with two strips of modeling chocolate. This way does not trap air.
Next: Part 4
Modeling Chocolate Accents
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*