For this easy raspberry & cream cake filling recipe, it’s ideal to use fresh, in-season raspberries. When they are out of season or unavailable, frozen raspberries also work fine.
Raspberries & Cream is Option #6 in the
Streamlined Layer Cake Filling Menu
Streamlined Cake Filling Method
This recipe is one of 11 cake filling flavors in a streamlined cake menu. All the variations are based on these two simple buttercream recipes that work beautifully both as fillings and frosting. A streamlined menu minimizes the amount of work required to make each cake, which is a terrific time-saver in the kitchen, especially for those who run a bakery business.
Vanilla Buttercream Cake Frosting & Filling
– Your choice of yellow cake, pound cake or white cake layers
– Vanilla buttercream frosting (or stable cream cheese filling)
– Fresh raspberries (or frozen)
1. Alternate layers of cake topped with vanilla buttercream frosting topped with a blanket of whole raspberries (either fresh or frozen) using this layer cake filling method. Avoid placing the raspberries around the edges of the pan so that red juice does not bleed into the cake’s finish.
2. Press down on the raspberries so that they sink partway down into the filling.
3. Cover with another layer of cake and repeat.
4. Wrap the filled cake within its pan entirely in plastic wrap.
5. Freeze or chill the cakes until cold. Follow this link to read more about my cake freezing method.
Suggested Cake Filling Method
My preferred method for assembling layer cakes is to build them inside the baking pan. I recommend watching the videos and reading this entire tutorial on how to fill cakes in the pan.
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*