This raspberry almond cake filling has the comfort appeal of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The stars of the show are almond butter and raspberry preserves. Any combination of nut butters and preserves could be used here in place of these.
Raspberry Almond is Option #11 in the
Streamlined Layer Cake Filling Menu
Streamlined Cake Filling Method
This recipe is one of 11 cake filling flavors in a streamlined cake menu. All the variations are based on these two simple buttercream recipes that work beautifully both as fillings and frosting. A streamlined menu minimizes the amount of work required to make each cake, which is a terrific time-saver in the kitchen, especially for those who run a bakery business.
Vanilla Buttercream Cake Frosting & Filling
– Salted almond butter
– Vanilla buttercream
– Raspberry preserves
– Raspberry extract
– Beet coloring
1. Split the vanilla buttercream frosting into two parts.
2. Mix almond butter into half of the vanilla buttercream to taste to make almond filling. For small batches, it can be stirred or whisked in by hand.
3. Mix beet coloring and raspberry extract to taste into the other half of the buttercream to make a red raspberry filling.
4. Spread a thin layer of raspberry preserves on either side of the cake layers that will sandwich the raspberry filling .
5. Spread a thin layer of almond butter on either side of the cake layers that will sandwich the almond filling. In cases where both sides of a cake layer must be spread (such as for the interior cake layers), wait until you are assembling the cake to spread the preserves or almond butter on the second side.
6. Assemble the cake with alternating layers of almond filling and raspberry filling, each with a concentrated layer of flavor on the top & bottom touching layers of cake. Assemble in the pan using this layer cake filling method.
7. Wrap the filled cake within its pan entirely in plastic wrap.
8. Freeze or chill the cakes until cold. Follow this link to read more about my cake freezing method.
Suggested Cake Filling Method
My preferred method for assembling layer cakes is to build them inside the baking pan. I recommend watching the videos and reading this entire tutorial on how to fill cakes in the pan.
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*