This cookies and cream cake filling is my favorite filling of all. I am content simply spooning it into my mouth. It is easy to make and is a popular choice for birthdays and casual parties.
Cookies & Cream is Option #4 in the
Streamlined Layer Cake Filling Menu
Streamlined Cake Filling Method
This recipe is one of 11 cake filling flavors in a streamlined cake menu. All the variations are based on these two simple buttercream recipes that work beautifully both as fillings and frosting. A streamlined menu minimizes the amount of work required to make each cake, which is a terrific time-saver in the kitchen, especially for those who run a bakery business.
Vanilla Buttercream Cake Frosting & Filling
– Chocolate cake layers
– Stable cream cheese filling
– Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
2. Fold the crushed cookies into a bowl of stable cream cheese filling to make cookies & cream filling.
3. Fill layers of chocolate cake with the cookies & cream filling in the pan using this this layer cake filling method.
4. Wrap the filled cake within its pan entirely in plastic wrap.
5. Freeze or chill the cakes until cold. Follow this link to read more about my cake freezing method.
Above is a photo of a cake with cookie and cream filling in a semi-frozen state, being carved into a topsy turvy cake tier. Below is a cookies and cream filled cake that was carved out to create two tiers.
Note: The cookies will absorb moisture from the filling, making them soft and easy to cut through.
Suggested Cake Filling Method
My preferred method for assembling layer cakes is to build them inside the baking pan. I recommend watching the videos and reading this entire tutorial on how to fill cakes in the pan.
New to Wicked Goodies? Start *HERE*